Terms and Conditions for Employees
1. "You" means the employee which is entering into this agreement in order to receive childcare vouchers from their employer.
2. "We", "us" or "PerkUp Vouchers" means PerkUp Ltd, registered in England and Wales as company number 6520149.
Using PerkUp childcare vouchers
3. Your employer's PerkUp Vouchers scheme is a 'Salary Sacrifice' arrangement. By requesting childcare vouchers through this scheme, you agree to your gross salary being reduced by an amount equal to the vouchers you receive.
4. You will be provided with an online PerkUp Vouchers account if your employer has chosen this option, if not you can use the free phone number 0800 915 52 53 to manage your account. You are responsible for safeguarding the login details for your PerkUp Vouchers account.
5. You may use your PerkUp Vouchers account to set up one-off or regular payments to your childcare provider.
6. PerkUp Vouchers will maintain a record of all payments you make to your childcare providers and this record will be available for you to view through your online account.
7. You may only use PerkUp childcare vouchers to pay childcare providers which are registered with Ofsted (or the equivalent authority in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland) or which are approved under the Childcare Approval Scheme.
8. You may not use PerkUp childcare vouchers to pay for private education or for residential children's holidays or for extra-curricular activities where childcare is not the primary focus.
9. You must notify PerkUp immediately if you become aware that your childcare provider does not have, or ceases to have, Ofsted (or equivalent) registered or approved status.
10. In order for you to use PerkUp childcare vouchers to pay your childcare provider, your childcare provider must register with PerkUp and provide us with a copy of their Ofsted (or equivalent) registration or approval certificate.
11. You can provide us with details of your childcare provider. If your childcare provider is not yet registered with PerkUp, we will provide them with information about PerkUp Vouchers and invite them to register.
12. We will not charge your childcare provider for receiving PerkUp childcare vouchers and your childcare provider should not charge you for processing the vouchers.
13. You may only use PerkUp childcare vouchers to pay for childcare for your own children or for children who live with you and for whom you have parental responsibility.
14. You may only use PerkUp childcare vouchers to pay for childcare up to the 1st September following your child's fifteenth birthday, or 1st September following your child's sixteenth birthday if your child is disabled.
15. Unused PerkUp Vouchers childcare vouchers will remain in your account until your children are beyond the eligibility age.
16. In the event of you becoming a parent to another child, any vouchers which are accumulated in your PerkUp Vouchers account in advance of that child's date of birth may not be used to pay for childcare for that child.
17. If you employer leaves the PerkUp scheme your PerkUp Vouchers account will continue to be available to you until it has a zero balance or until your children are beyond the eligibility age for childcare vouchers.
18. Unused childcare vouchers will only be refunded in exceptional circumstances, such as the death of a child. Refunds will only occur in the event of your employer agreeing to process any tax or national insurance associated with the transaction.
19. If you use, or attempt to use, PerkUp childcare vouchers in a fraudulent manner, or if you deliberately provide us with false information, you may incur a tax liability and be subject to your employer's disciplinary procedures.
Changes to the amount of vouchers receivable
20. You may periodically change the amount of vouchers you receive this will be set out in an agreement with your employer.
21. Subject to your employer's agreement, you may change the amount of vouchers you receive in the event of a lifestyle change, as defined in your employer's scheme rules.
22. Subject to your employer's agreement, you may change the amount of vouchers you receive if the Government changes the tax-free voucher allowance.
23. You may leave your employer's PerkUp Vouchers scheme at the expiry of any salary sacrifice agreement, subject to notifying PerkUp.
24. You may also leave your PerkUp Vouchers scheme at a lifestyle change agreed by your employer, or on leaving your employment.
25. If you do not have internet access, you may participate in your employer's PerkUp Vouchers scheme via our free phone telephone helpline.
28. PerkUp Vouchers may amend these terms and conditions at any time subject to providing you with 45 days' written notice.
29. Neither party shall be liable for any breach of these terms and conditions caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control.
30. PerkUp Vouchers shall bear no liability for any loss of or reduction in statutory benefits or any reduction in employee benefits received by you as a result of using childcare vouchers.
31. PerkUp Vouchers shall bear no liability in respect of any loss arising to you as a result of legislative change or as a result of the actions of your employer of your childcare providers.
32. You agree that we may share full details of your PerkUp Vouchers account with your employer. We may also share details with your childcare providers in order to answer any queries they have about your payments.
33. This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes which arise in connection with this agreement.